Sri Lanka is an island country in South Asia near south-east India. The commercial capital and largest city is Colombo.
Sri Lanka has been taking part in the Summer Paralympics since 1996.
Sri Lanka will once again compete at the 2016 Summer Paralympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 7 to 18 September 2016.
So far, Sri Lanka has participated in 5 Summer Paralympics Games, and has won 1 Bronze medal.
I am sure people of Sri Lanka would be eager to know about Athletes / Participants taking part in Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.
Sri Lanka Athletes Participating in Rio 2016 Summer Paralympics:
- Anil Prasanna Jayalath – T42 200m and T42/44 Long Jump
- Ajith Hettiarachchi – T42 200m and 400m
- Gamini Ketawala – F46 Javelin Throw
- Buddhika Indrapala – T42 200m and T42/44 Long Jump
- Amara Indumathi – T20/47 Long Jump
Wheelchair Tennis -
- Upali Rajakaruna – Men’s Single