Italy is a unitary parliamentary republic in Europe. Rome is the capital and the largest city of Italy.
Italy has been taking part in the Summer Paralympics since 1960.
Italy will once again compete at the 2016 Summer Paralympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 7 to 18 September 2016.
So far, Italy has participated in 14 Summer Paralympics Games, and has won 137 Gold, 147 Silver and 182 Bronze medals.
I am sure people of Italy would be eager to know about Athletes / Participants taking part in Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.
Italy Athletes Participating in Rio 2016 Summer Paralympics:
- Salvatore Ravalli – Men’s KL1
- Federico Mancarella – Men’s KL2
- Veronica Yoko Plebani Women’s KL3
- Antonio Squizzato
- Nadia Fario – P4 – 50m Pistol Mixed SH1
- Massimo Croci – R3 – Mixed 10m Air Rifle Prone SH1
- Pamela Novaglio R5 Mixed 10m Air Rifle Prone SH2
- Francesco Bocciardo – Men’s 400m Freestyle
Wheelchair fencing -
- Matteo Betti – Men’s individual épée A, Men’s team foil
- Emanuele Lambertini – Men’s individual foil A, Men’s team foil
- Marco Cima – Men’s individual foil B, Men’s team foil
- Alessio Sarri – Men’s individual sabre B
- Loredana Trigilia – Women’s individual foil A, Women’s team foil;
- Ionela Andreea Mogos – Women’s individual foil A, Women’s team foil;
- Beatrice Vio – Women’s individual foil B, Women’s team foil.
Wheelchair tennis -
- Alberto Corradi, Fabian Mazzei – Men’s single
- Marianna Lauro – Women’s singles