India is an south Asian country. Its capital is Delhi and the largest city is Mumbai.
India has been taking part in the Summer Paralympics since 1968.
India will once again compete at the 2016 Summer Paralympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from 7 to 18 September 2016.
So far, India has participated in 10 Summer Paralympics Games, and has won 2 Gold, 3 Silver and 3 Bronze medals.
I am sure people of India would be eager to know about Athletes / Participants taking part in Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.
India Athletes Participating in Rio 2016 Summer Paralympics:
- Pooja – Women Recurve Individual
- Ankur Dhama – 1500 meter- T11
- Mariyappan Thangavelu – High Jump- T42
- Varun Singh Bhati – High Jump- T42
- Sharad Kumar – High Jump- T42
- Ram Pal – High Jump- T47
- Devendra Jhajharia – Javelin Throw – F46
- Sundar Singh Gurjar – Javelin Throw – F46
- Rinku – Javelin Throw – F46
- Ranbir Narender – Javelin Throw – F42/44
- Sandeep – Javelin Throw – F42/44
- Amit Kumar – Club Throw – F51
- Dharambir – Club Throw – F51
- Deepa Malik – Shot Put- F53
- Farman Basha – Men’s -49 kg
- Naresh Sharma – Men’s R7-50m Rifle 3 Positions – SH1
- Suyash Narayan – Men’s 50m Butterfly- S7