The Diving competitions of the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics will be held at the Maria Lenk Aquatic Center in Barra da Tijuca from 7 to 19 August 2016.
Divers jump into a pool from a platform or springboard, performing intricate acrobatic manoeuvres that are marked by judges – the winner is the diver who scores the most points.
There are two types of diving events – individual events and synchronized events.
The Diving Event made its Olympic debut at the 1904 Summer Olympics in St. Louis.
I am sure you want to know all details about Diving at the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Rio 2016 Summer Olympics Diving Events :
There will be 8 medal event taking place. Both men and women will compete in 4 events each. Four of these will be individual events while remaining four will be synchronized events.
Individual Diving Events :
- Men’s 3 m Springboard Event
- Men’s 10 m Platform Event
- Women’s 3 m Springboard Event
- Women’s 10 m Platform Event
Synchronized Diving Events :
- Men’s 3 m Synchronized Springboard Event
- Men’s 10 m Synchronized Platform Event
- Women’s 3 m Synchronized Springboard Event
- Women’s 10 m Synchronized Platform Event
A maximum of 136 divers (68 men and 68 women) are expected to compete in eight different events.